in de Azoren
Milan in a nutshell
- Milan, also known as the Fashion Capital, is one of Italy’s largest cities.
- As its nickname might suggest: Milan is Europe’s main hub for fashion.
- Milan is the capital of the Lombardy region.
- Although often ranked as one of the world’s most expensive cities, it’s really not that bad if you know the right spots!
- 20% of Milan’s population is ‘foreign’ – this makes Milan a very diverse and interesting city with lots of different influences and experiences.
- The world famous football clubs AC Milan and Inter Milan share the same stadium!
- The original of the famous ‘The Last Supper’ painting is located in the dining room of the ancient Santa Maria delle Grazie church.
- The ‘art’ of the Aperitivo, having drinks and some light snacks before your meal, was ‘invented’ in Milan.
- Milan’s Duomo is the 5th largest cathedral in the world
Although Milan is a pretty city in any season, most people prefer summer for a trip to Milan. The city’s climate is characterized by warm and sunny summers and cold, at times foggy winters. The average temperature in July is about 23.6°C. During winter the temperature drops to an average of 3-4°C.